Hatfield Consultants is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to act as HR and Payroll Administrator for our growing consultancy. The successful candidate will work under the overall supervision of Hatfield’s Chief Operating Officer and will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll and office administration functions. The position is based in North Vancouver.
- Process semi-monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- Update payroll system, process employee requests, employment letters, verifications etc.
- Support for preparation of government remittances
- Calculate overtime and review/reconcile timesheet entries
- Communicating with employees
- Prepare and distribute Employee ROE’s
- Prepare and distribute annual Employee T4’s
- Group insurance and RRSP coordination
- Assist with hiring processes and other HR duties
- General office and front desk work or other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Comfortable with HR terminology
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, and specific experience with computerized payroll systems
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to interact positively and work effectively with others
- Excellent attention to detail, data review and processing skills
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Accounting or other related post secondary diploma or certificate would be an asset
- Prior payroll experience ensuring confidentiality and professionalism, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Knowledge of British Columbia and Alberta labour regulations preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Payroll Administrator” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.