Hatfield is seeking a technically strong and highly organized individual to work as a Project Accountant within our Accounting team. The Project Accountant will provide accounting support to our project managers ensuring projects remain organized from an accounting and project management perspective. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of current accounting practices and preferably have experience guiding and mentoring non-accounting staff in a consulting environment. 40 hours per week. No remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Managers to set up new projects and budget data in the ERP system
- Maintain the project profile throughout project duration
- Process & assist in project invoicing in a team environment
- Follow up with clients for outstanding invoices and collection
- Assist in preparing project cost analysis and reconciliation report
- Monitor the work in progress and unbilled revenue
- Train and mentor project managers in using a new ERP system.
- Support staff in navigating ERP system to retrieve and generate project reports.
- Assist in staff timesheets collection and verification
- Support project expenses processing, when required
- Perform other general accounting duties as requested
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and proactively prioritize workload demands
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to handle fast pace and high volume environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with good communication and collaboration with colleagues
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and be one of the key resources in our new ERP software implementation
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the consulting industry.
- Prior project accounting experience preferred
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Finance
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Project Accountant” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.