Hatfield is seeking a competent and experienced office administrator who will be responsible for supporting the management of day-to-day equipment needs and operations in the Fort McMurray office and assist our growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting administrative duties, logistics planning, and equipment management for a dynamic group of environmental technicians and specialists.
- Ensure equipment and fleet vehicles are maintained, inspected and functional to meet operational and field requirements.
- Assist with the scheduling of equipment, fleet vehicles, and staff resources.
- Support day-to-day office administration logistics.
- Facilitate logistical planning and coordination of field programs and assist technical staff with administrative, equipment and other needs related to fieldwork activities.
- Work directly under senior managers and partners to direct and facilitate required office operation functions.
- Ensure compliance with Hatfield’s Health and Safety Management Plan, the law, and client health and safety protocols, as well as compliance with Hatfield’s Quality Management Plan and external requirements and regulations.
- Minimum of a diploma or undergraduate degree in a relevant administrative discipline or environmental sciences.
- Two or more years of progressive work experience supporting administrative, equipment and management support duties.
- Have a current Drivers License and ability to drive fleet vehicles/trucks.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment is an asset.
- Aptitude and experience in administration functions is essential.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle a large volume of work with accuracy in a fast-paced company.
- Self starter and a team player.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills – developing partnerships/networks with the team, vendors, clients, and other interested parties.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office).
- Demonstrated project management skills is an asset.
- Ability and interest to undertake occasional fieldwork is an asset.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please include “Equipment and Administrative Assistant” in your email subject line. Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.