General Description: PT Hatfield Indonesia is seeking a qualified Senior Environmental Specialist to provide project management oversight for its growing operations in Bogor, Indonesia. The Senior Environmental Specialist will provide management and technical expertise for the design, management and implementation of environmental projects in Indonesia as well as other countries in Southeast Asia. The Senior Environmental Specialist will make significant contributions to the success of Hatfield’s strategy in delivering environmental services to a range of sectors, including mining, oil and gas, agriculture, and climate change, and will work under the general direction of the President of PT Hatfield Indonesia (PTHI) with additional support from Hatfield’s head office in Vancouver, Canada.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include study design, analysis and reporting related to environmental projects; and ensuring compliance of project activities with all relevant local, provincial and national and international environmental and environmental regulations/standards.
- Management of environmental projects, including preparation of project work plans, schedules and budgets, management of all technical activities, coordination of technical staff and sub-consultants to ensure efficient use of corporate resources, preparation and editing of project documents (proposals, reports, map outputs, etc.) as required, QA/QC on project outputs to ensure the highest possible standards, and any additional tasks required to ensure that project outputs are completed on time, on budget and to acceptable PTHI/Hatfield standards.
- Leading marketing and business development activities in the environment sector for PTHI and Hatfield in Indonesia and southeast Asia for private sector and public sector clients, as well as to international development organizations. This will include: corporate marketing and business development to existing and potential clients; strengthening corporate relationships and communicating directly with potential clients; ensuring local company support and business intelligence is provided for corporate marketing activities; remaining current with the direction and status of industry projects and opportunities for the company; and providing assistance in the preparation of proposals and proposal negotiations with clients.
- A minimum of five years managing environmental projects
- Demonstrated reporting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written – technical or scientific writing).
- Knowledge of AMDAL process in Indonesia
- Basic skill in Indonesian language is an advantage.
- Experience with delivering environmental services in Indonesia or southeast Asia, such as environmental impact assessment, environmental monitoring, and environmental permitting
- Minimum five years of consulting experience.
- M.Sc. in environmental management, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with private sector companies, major international development organizations, multilateral banks and other international institutions are assets.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Sr Environmental Specialist – Bogor” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.