Hatfield Consultants is seeking a Marketing and Business Development Specialist to join our North Vancouver office.
Established in Vancouver in 1974, Hatfield is one of Canada’s leading independent environmental consulting companies. We have a reputation for excellence and high-quality work and provide services in environmental assessment and monitoring, water resource evaluation, GIS and remote sensing, environmental information systems, human environment, aquatic ecology, wildlife, and biodiversity assessment.
The Marketing and Business Development Specialist will join our team in North Vancouver playing a key role in developing and implementing marketing programs. Responsibilities and activities will be coordinated with partners and managers in our offices in North Vancouver, New Westminster, Terrace, and Fort St John in BC and offices in Calgary and Fort McMurray in Alberta. Further, coordination with our international offices in Indonesia and Botswana is required.
This important role within Hatfield requires a well-organized team player that enjoys multi-tasking and the challenges and opportunities presented in a consulting environment. The Marketing and Business Development Specialist will report to Hatfield’s Marketing Committee.
1. Marketing Management
- Annual Marketing Plan: develop and implement an annual marketing plan that supports the Hatfield brand and corporate goals; track progress and update throughout the year.
- Brand Strategy: develop and maintain materials that support the Hatfield brand and act as a resource for the Marketing Committee and other groups.
- Product/Service Marketing: support specific sector/service/product initiatives for groups and collaborate to develop marketing strategies and support materials (e.g. presentations, landing pages, brand assets, etc.).
- Marketing Materials: develop and maintain corporate marketing materials in collaboration with technical experts and managers (e.g. presentations, whitepapers, flysheets, videos, etc.).
- Reporting: track progress and results of marketing initiatives and report to the Marketing Committee.
- Meetings: participate in weekly marketing huddles with the Marketing Committee and weekly corporate marketing meetings with managers.
2. Business Development
- Opportunity Tracking: monitor and evaluate international and domestic business opportunities and provide information to the sector-specific recipients. Maintain a win-loss record of domestic and international opportunities and submitted proposals.
- Proposal Support: support the preparation, organization, and submission of proposals, working closely with technical leads and desktop publishers.
- Proposal Materials: develop and maintain corporate proposal development materials in collaboration with technical experts and managers (e.g. project descriptions, presentations, case studies, etc.).
- Group Initiatives: support business development goals of different groups by participating in meetings and implementing strategies for support group goals (e.g. competitive analysis, evaluating service opportunities, presentations, etc.).
- Website: update corporate website content in collaboration with managers and partners (e.g. new content, news releases, etc.); update sub-sites developed to promote specific services (e.g. www.landmonitoring.com).
- Social Media: develop and maintain a social media strategy; schedule and post social media content; track social media analytics.
- Events: coordination of tasks pertaining to tradeshow events and campaigns.
- Public Relations: support the response to media inquiries and develop a strategy for responding to all inquiries.
- Corporate Awards: identify corporate and employee award opportunities and support the development of applications with partners and managers
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in teams (including virtual teams).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with specialization in marketing or communications.
- Two to five years of relevant experience.
- Experience with B2B marketing and business development.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams distributed across offices.
- Experience operating in a dynamic environment that requires flexibility and teamwork.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience using WordPress is an asset.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign, Premiere Pro, Photoshop) is an asset.
- Marketing and business development experience in a consulting or professional services environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of the environmental sector is an asset.
Reply in confidence with a a cover letter and resume describing your experience through the online form or email at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Salary expectations are also appreciated and may be included in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.