This full-time position presents a tremendous opportunity for an experienced and energetic individual to advance their career at a progressive, reputable, and growing consultancy. Hatfield has been in business for 47 years and has worked on some of the most significant infrastructure projects in BC., both from the project development and implementation perspectives. We are now one of the largest independent environmental consultancies headquartered in Western Canada. Hatfield has successfully led provincial and federal environmental assessments of major projects over many years and supported the delivery of large, complex infrastructure projects. Hatfield has a strong team of Managers and Partners that will support and guide this position. We place great emphasis on providing industry-leading quality services, that incorporate scientific rigour and integrity, and Indigenous and community engagement.
The successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of federal and BC provincial EA legislation and review processes. Based on a broad knowledge of and multiple years’ experience with the coordination of environmental assessments, including Indigenous engagement and participation, the ideal candidate will revel in the challenges of a diversity of infrastructure projects across multiple sectors (e.g. transportation and energy infrastructure, extractive industries, coastal and marine development).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead or coordinate environmental assessment teams through the environmental assessment process and concurrent or subsequent permitting requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of federal and provincial EA documentation.
- Work with teams of environmental specialists and technicians across a range of valued components to assess potential effects and define mitigations strategies.
- Managing multiple projects while staying on schedule and budget and providing quality service.
- Represent the environmental assessment or management team and our clients in regulatory and community meetings, workshops and events and the preparation of presentation materials.
- Ensure compliance with Hatfield’s Health and Safety and Quality Management Plans, client health and safety protocols, and other external requirements and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and BC provincial environmental assessment legislation, processes and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high standard of scientific rigour to all projects and deliverables.
- Ability to work in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork.
- Demonstrated aptitude for project management and coordination, and excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written – technical or scientific writing).
- Ability and interest to undertake business development.
- Ideally a graduate degree in a relevant discipline and, a relevant professional designation in BC and/or Canada.
- Experience with federal and/or provincial environmental assessment, and managing or coordinating technical experts in the assessment of projects and the implementation of conditions associated with regulatory approvals. The focus will be on natural resource development and/or infrastructure projects in BC.
- Experience with marine projects is considered an asset.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Environmental Assessment Specialist – Vancouver” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.