Hatfield is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and technically strong individual to provide additional leadership to our growing Infrastructure and Environmental Management team in Calgary. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the environmental consulting market in Western Canada, gained from their technical and related business development experience in the disciplines of environmental management and infrastructure development. The successful individual will be responsible for: (i) managing a portfolio of projects related to environmental permitting, licensing, and compliance for infrastructure development projects in Alberta for all relevant local, provincial and federal environmental regulations; (ii) providing senior direction and support to marketing and business development activities; and (iii) supervising and mentoring environmental staff, as well as coordinating and managing project teams.
- Manage project teams within Hatfield to ensure design and construction compliance with local, provincial (Alberta and BC), and federal environmental legislative and regulatory requirements for infrastructure development projects, including: serving as primary client contact; preparation and submission of all necessary design/report documents; general meetings/presentations with/to clients and regulators/interest groups; scheduling; and budgets (development and tracking); providing technical guidance on environmental protection and environmental permitting and licensing to developers and engineers.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business plans for the Infrastructure and Environmental Management Group, conduct marketing activities as required for current and prospective clients; lead the preparation of technical and financial proposals for the Infrastructure and Environmental Management group.
- Collaborate with biologists, ecologists, hydrologists, geoscientists, social scientists, engineers and other project specialists to implement multi-disciplinary environmental management projects.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in environmental sciences or a relevant discipline (e.g., engineering).
- Must be eligible or have a professional designation, preferably in Alberta (e.g., P. Biol., P. Ag., P. Chem., P. Eng., etc.).
- Eight or more years of progressive work experience, implementing and managing environmental aspects of infrastructure development projects.
- Appropriate qualifications for work in Alberta and British Columbia, and a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Experienced at providing environmental design inputs for major infrastructure projects, and able to work closely with design engineers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude and experience in management and administration is essential, including financial and human resource management.
- Familiarity with federal and provincial (Alberta) environmental regulatory and permitting requirements associated with infrastructure development projects.
- Experience working in large, multi-disciplinary teams is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead/mentor new and existing staff.
- Experience operating in a dynamic consulting environment that requires flexibility and teamwork; and an ability/interest to work in the field, occasionally in remote locations.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with a range of environmental disciplines (air quality, noise, surface and groundwater quality, soils, vegetation, fish and fish habitat, contaminated sites, archaeology, First Nations, etc.) is an asset.
- A keen desire to join a group of talented environmental and social scientists working on challenging and thought-provoking projects across the globe.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Infrastructure Environmental Manager” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.