Hatfield is seeking a technically strong and highly organized individual to work as a Project Accountant within our accounting team. The Project Accountant will partner with project teams of multiple disciplines to provide accounting and billing support to foster the success of projects. The successful candidate will have a solid accounting knowledge, great work ethics, and an ability to build effective working relationships with stakeholders. 40 hours per week. No remote work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage project portfolio by partnering with project managers and teams to provide timely support of internal and external reporting requirements
- Assemble client billing packages in accordance with contract terms and ensuring timely payment
- Monitor project profile from start to finish and ensure project information is current
- Review project portfolio performance monthly
- Identify irregularities and evaluate project risk exposures; proactively develop measures to mitigate risks.
- Monitor work in progress; provide project teams with ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Support project teams in utilizing and navigating ERP system
- Support corporate accounting functions
- Perform general accounting and reporting duties as required
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively prioritize workload demands and excel in fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of MS Excel, accounting and office software, and MS SharePoint environment
- Ability to continuously evaluate and adapt to new tools and practices as business continue to grow and evolve
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 5 years experience in an accounting environment, preferably in the project / consulting field
- Active pursuit of accounting designation preferred
- Post secondary degree or diploma in finance or accounting
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence through the online form or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Project Accountant” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.