As a Document Production Specialist for Hatfield, you will provide word processing, desktop publishing, and editing related to report production, as well as assistance with other administrative duties as required. The position is based in Hatfield’s office in either North Vancouver or New Westminster.
Hours: Full time. Remote working possible. Benefits available after 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Format a variety of client deliverables, such as large, complex reports and proposals, in both digital and print formats, by applying corporate templates, adjusting text layout, formatting large data tables and preparing visually appealing cover pages.
- Edit and proofread technical documentation for spelling, grammar and structure.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve document or file issues.
- Assist with creating and editing marketing materials and other graphics such as posters, flyers, brochures and business cards.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, printing, collating and scanning documents, as required for document production.
- Assist the administration team to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Provide back-up front desk coverage for Receptionist during regular business hours, on occasion.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word (required).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe products, such as Acrobat DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (preferred).
- Working knowledge of SharePoint 365 (preferred).
- Strong proofreading skills and experience adhering to technical style guides.
- Excellent attention to detail (essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work within tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and sense of humour.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience with general office administrative duties.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Desktop Publisher and/or relevant document production experience. (Preferred)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Document Production Specialist” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.